So Kate made me get a blog.  So, Kate, I hope you're happy.

I have so many blogs, I don't know how it happened.  I have my deviantart and my LJ. But LJ is mostly for my fangirly rampages and I feel like a jerk if I update my dA without adding art, too.

(So remind me to watch "Warriors" on History channel tonight.  They're in Norway and I want to scope out the Scandinavian boys. )

But yeah.  This blog is going to be devoted to my ramblings on art, cartooning, comics...my sketches, my pages, etc.  Because then you guys following my blog can prod me to finish stuff.  

If I could figure out how to put pictures in this, I would.  GOD, THIS IS COMPLICATED.  I am hopeless at this stuff.





Oh man!  I got a picture to work.  That is my art desk, don't mind the unreadable text at this point.  It has actually changed since then, because my speakers and Zune are not present there.  

So what was I going to say...Ah.  The purpose of this blog/an introduction.

So I'm Sally.  I'm almost 19 (just another week or so).  I've been pursuing art seriously since I was 12.  I can't see myself doing anything else, and trust me, I've tried since I realized I could never pay to go to SVA, my first choice school.  Until then, I'm bogged down with completing a Liberal Arts degree at Middlesex County College and trying to keep my full academic scholarship for two years.  After that, who knows.  I don't.  And trust me, multiple papers for multiple classes a week definitely keep me from getting anything done art-related.  I love comics, I love cartooning.  I love drawing.  I'm a terrible writer but a pretty good artist and storyteller, so I think I can get by.  
I did SVA Pre-college for 3 years in high school.  I started out with cartooning and sort of got away from it for a little bit, did some Fine Art stuff...that was mostly out of external pressure.  I had to deal with a lot of, "Why aren't you good like so-and-so?" in high school, so I pushed myself to do will in Fine Arts, drawing and painting, being super-realistic, but it never quite worked out well for me.  I'm glad I did it, though, all that figure drawing and watercolour actually helped out with my comics...
Then in summer 2007, I was sitting in a Fine Arts class on the first day of SVA summer pre-college, and I was thinking, "What am I doing here?" I felt so alien, so weird.  I knew I didn't belong there.  I went to admissions, switched to Cartooning, and felt totally right.  Keith (Mayerson) adopted me into the class (since then Tom Hart and Lauren Weinstein have kind of adopted me too).  I absolutely fell in love with comics and have been trying to play catch-up since.  I'm sort of a late bloomer. 
People seem to think I am smart and interesting.  I don't get it.
I get migraines a lot.  They get in the way of getting stuff done, too.  

2 Response to " "

gravatar
Kate Drwecka Says:

Oh, Sally. One day, you will thank me for all the times I've kicked you in the ass to do something.


P.S. there are some questions on my blog I'd like you to answer one day.

gravatar
Stephanie Says:

Hey, Sally!! I haven't talked to you in forever, but I noticed you were watching my blog! Kate tells me you'll be in Toronto in May for TCAF... see you there.